Re: post.c too slow due to select() sleeping in event loop - what to do?

From: Wells, Charles <cwells@rational.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:59:50 -0400
To: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
When I reduce the delay, core dumps start happening.  Things are usually,
but not always, okay with a 200 millisecond delay.  As I reduce the delay
down to 20, the core dump happens nearly all the time.  Even with a huge two
second delay, a core dump can still happen if the network is really slow or
the server is just busy servicing other requests.

Any idea why this is?  I need requests to only take a few milliseconds at
the most.  This is impossible given the core dump problem.  Plus, I cannot
even rely on it working 100 percent of the time even with a long delay.
Reliable software cannot work this way.  Is there any way to solve this?

Thanks,
Chuck