Post document data and getting the results back into a string.

From: Duprey, John <John.Duprey@westgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:14:43 -0500
To: "'www-lib@w3c.org'" <www-lib@w3c.org>
Hello,

I apologize for asking a question that has been asked many times before on
this mailing list, but I have not been able to find a solution.  I
appreciate any assistance that can be provided:

I'm new to libwww.  After looking over the documentation, examples and
mailing list archive, it isn't clear to me how I can get the result of a
Post data into a string.  The post.c example works, but then requests a file
to write the results to.  I have no idea why it writes to a file, this must
be some sort of default functionality??  postform.c seems to do what I want
using HTPostFormAnchorToChunk, but I do not want to post form data.  I want
to post raw xml data and there does not seem to be an equivalent
HTPostAnchorToChunk method.

It seems this question has been asked many many times over the years in the
mailing list.  A couple of people posted solutions, but they don't appear to
work with the current version of libwww... or I did something wrong during
init.

Does anyone have a definitive answer and/or example post.c that puts the
result into a string instead of writing to a file??

Thank you for your help.

-JD