Re: Build Errors

Hi!!

I'm not a windows C programmer (under windows, I used to work mainly
with Delphi and Java, not with C.. :( ), but I think I can help you
about the errors in wwwcore... All errors that you found are connected
to the extension methods...  These methods are an extention scheme that
I introduced in libwww last month.. :( They are not vital for the libwww
normal job, they are only an extra option for extension purposes...  So,
if you will work only with HTTP/1.1 spec, you probably won't use them...

In normal cases, those methods (and all functions that work with them)
should be available only when we define "HT_EXT" (under unix
environments, we do this by using configure's option '-with-extension').
But, I didn't change the ".mak" and ".dep" files available in
"libwww-win32.zip" (indeed, I didn't even known about them :(  )... So,
I think that the problem may be in the configuration procedure under
windows... My suggestion to you is the following: try to formally
undefine "HT_EXT" _ in the file Library/src/windows/config.h you may
uncomment the line "#undef HT_EXT". And after that, try to repeat the
bootstrap mechanism <http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html#Boot> (the page
http://www.w3.org/INSTALL.html#Windows gives this suggestion after
download libwww-win32.zip file).

If it doesn't work, contact me! I can tell you exactly what change in
the code to remove the references to the extension methods (it's quite
simple in fact)... And if you suceed, please, tell me how you did it! We
didn't test the extension methods and the WebDAV module under windows
environment yet... Any feedback about it will be very, very useful... :-)

Good luck!

Manuele