Re: proxy?

From: Ingo Krabbe <ikrabbe@earthling.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 04:16:48 +0100 (CET)
To: W3C <www-lib@w3.org>
On Mon, 24 Dec 2001, Tal Halfon wrote:

> I built a client .
> and i have problemsin connectiing to a proxy server.
> can any one tall me or send me an exmple how to
> vonnect a proxy server

As far as I can see, a proxy server should behave exactly like any http
service. Of course you have to care about the right port number. While
http servers listen on port 80 as default proxy servers often use 8080.

The special proxy operation features are controlled by special http
header fields, which control caching.

CU INGO