RE: libwww c++ wraper?

From: Bang, Steinar <Steinar.bang@tandbergtv.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:36:56 +0100
To: "'Joel Young'" <jdy@cs.brown.edu>, Tal Halfon <talh@smarteam.com>, www-lib@w3.org
Joel Young [mailto:jdy@cs.brown.edu] writes:
> By the way I am cutting all of my code over to using
> these libraries:
>
> libcurl  -->  http://curl.haxx.se/
> libxml2  -->  http://www.xmlsoft.org/

I just gave libcurl a look.  If I understand it
correctly, libcurl is blocking?  Ie. the request
for an URL doesn't return until the data or an
error response is received.  Is this correct?

My primary reasons for using libwww, was
 1. its event-driven single thread operation.
 2. the stream building response, which let the
    application parse and use data before they are
    completely received

The FAQ says that libcurl is thread-safe, so blocking
calls may not seem as too much of a limitation.  But
in the case of the program I was working on, the main
application itself wasn't multithread-safe, so we
couldn't easily have utilized it.

Hmm... I'm wondering how they do such things as
keeping an HTTP 1.1 connection open across requests?

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL to
TANDBERG Television. If received in error please notify the sender and
destroy the original message and attachments.