Re: problems compiling lib 5.3.2

From: Richard Atterer <libwww@list.atterer.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 21:41:10 +0100
To: www-lib list <www-lib@w3.org>
On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 02:28:58PM +0100, Vasili Goutas wrote:
> Hi, I downloaded the version 5.3.2 and tried to compile it on
> Win2000 with CygWin. I run on errors when the examples going to be
> compiled:

Try configuring --without-expat. The XML stuff seems to have a number
of (small) problems...

Just in case you're interested in compiling for MinGW32 (=Cygwin
without dependency on the Cygwin DLL), check the list archives for my
posting from Oct 4, "Compiling libwww for Windows with MinGW32

BTW, there was no reaction to my patch - could someone with write
access to CVS *please* apply it or tell me why it will not be applied?

FWIW, I'm considering contributing a bit more to libwww (and also
becoming the Debian package maintainer for it), but not by posting
patches here and then seeing them rot... :-/

  __   _
  ¯ ´` ¯