Re: Disabling progress messages

At 10:27 AM -0400 9/26/01, Mikesell, Dave wrote:
>Is there any way to disable the progress messages written by
>HTDialog_progressMessage()?  I don't have any tracing or print
>callbacks enabled in my code, yet I get these messages:
>
>Contacting 134.243.65.81
>Writing 1Kbytes
>Writing 1Kbytes
>Reading...
>Read 1Kbytes
>Done!
>
>...for every request.  I've traced (no pun intended) their
>origination to HTDialog.c and the aforementioned function.  Short of
>hacking the code myself, is there a way to disable this?
>
>--
>Dave Mikesell
>Chemical Abstracts Service
>614.447.3600 x2993

You could register your own function for the progress callbacks
that is a 'do nothing' function or fill your own GUI elements if you want

somewhere on init do:

HTAlert_add(myProgressFunc, HT_A_PROGRESS);

where myProgressFunc looks something like:

PUBLIC BOOL myProgressFunc (HTRequest * request, HTAlertOpcode op,
  int msgnum, const char * dfault, void * input, HTAlertPar * reply)
{

     return YES;
}

Jeff