Disabling progress messages

From: Mikesell, Dave <dmikesell@cas.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:27:34 -0400
To: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
Is there any way to disable the progress messages written by HTDialog_progressMessage()?  I don't have any tracing or print callbacks enabled in my code, yet I get these messages:

Contacting 134.243.65.81
Writing 1Kbytes
Writing 1Kbytes
Reading...
Read 1Kbytes
Done!

...for every request.  I've traced (no pun intended) their origination to HTDialog.c and the aforementioned function.  Short of hacking the code myself, is there a way to disable this?

--
Dave Mikesell
Chemical Abstracts Service