Requests to a servlet

From: Mikesell, Dave <dmikesell@cas.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:25:58 -0400
To: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
Greetings.  We have a client library written in C that provides access to our J2EE environment.  Without going into to much detail, each library function causes an XML message to be sent over a socket to the server, which in turn parses the message, invokes the proper J2EE service, and then sends an XML response back to the client.  We would like to replace our socket/home-grown protocol with HTTP using libwww.  This would involve sending raw XML to a servlet and waiting for the servlet to send back an XML response.

Is this possible using libwww?  From what I can tell, the closest thing to what we need is HTPostFormAnchorToChunk(), but we don't have a "form" per se...just XML.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Dave