Re: failed getting bootstrapped from cvs

From: Ingo Krabbe <ikrabbe@earthling.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 00:05:13 +0200 (CEST)
To: W3C <www-lib@w3.org>

n Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Jose Kahan wrote:

> Hello Ingo,
> You are using newer versions of the auto tools. Can you try running the
> aclocal program so that it generates the aclocal.m4 file itself?

Yes I have done exactly this to produce the error below, since this behaviour
is recommended by the cvs bootstrap documentation at w3c.org:

	aclocal; autoheader; automake; autoconf

Of course I have done this sequence on other (some of my own too) packages
to create the building Makefiles. I think that you mean this with: "running
aclocal to generate aclocal.m4"...

This aclocal.m4 is actually generated as you can see in the error log.
./aclocal.m4 has an error in line 267. The pity is that I cannot understand
this error message since I don't know anything about m4_defn and