HTProfile_newPreemptiveClient on WinNT bug?

From: Oliver Steinau <Oliver.Steinau@STencode.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 10:54:21 +0200
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
First of all: apologies if this has already been answered -- I'm brand
new
to the list (pointers always welcome...)

I need some help with the HTProfile_newPreemptiveClient...

HTProfile_newPreemptiveClient looks like:

PUBLIC void HTProfile_newPreemptiveClient (const char * AppName,
					   const char * AppVersion)
{
    /* Do the default setup */
    client_profile(AppName, AppVersion, YES, NO, NO);

    /* On windows we need the initialization anyway */
#ifdef WWW_WIN_ASYNC
    HTEventInit();
#else
    /* Remember that we are loading preemptively */
    preemptive = YES;
#endif
}

I have two questions concerning this piece of code:
1. HTEventInit is *ONLY* called if WWW_WIN_ASYNC (and not, eg. if
WWW_WIN_DLL),
despite the comment. Bug?
2. "preemptive = YES;" is only done if the WSAAsyncXXX calls are not
used; but
what has preemptive/non-preemptive to do with async calls?

The effect is, that when you build with WWW_WIN_DLL (no WWW_WIN_ASYNC)
and create
a preemptive client, *NOTHING* works, because WSAStartup is never
called...

As far as I can see, HTEventInit takes care of async or not; so it seems
that
all preprocessor commands should be deleted from this function -- am I
right?

TIA,

/oliver