TE: trailers, trailers, ... header keeps growing

From: Dan Butler <dbutler@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:08:44 -0700
To: xmlrpc-c-devel@lists.sourceforge.net, www-lib@w3.org

Hi,

This question is cross-posted because I'm using the xmlrpc-c which is
built on top of libwww.

I have an xmlrpc-c client calling an xmlrpc Java server and the client's TE
header gets more and more "trailers, " entries until the server throws a
"Header too long" exception.

The client is running on Linux. It was built with the xmlrpc 0.9.9 library using
libwww 5.3.2.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this locally. We built a library and our tests
don't produce the long headers. When one of our customers uses our library,
it shows up sporadically.

Has anyone else solved this problem before?

-- Dan Butler
-- Sr. Computer Scientist
-- PhotoAccess Corporation