Segm.Fault and memory problems

From: Sven Laaks <slaaks@informatik.uni-essen.de>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 18:09:00 +0200
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hi everybody,

I modified the example robot, so that it checks out a webpage in
given intervalls (e.g. every 10 minutes).

My first problem is, that the robot terminats after exactly 12h with
"segmentation fault (core dump)". On other pages it runs 24h and
more.

Could it be, that a firewall can kill the robot? Or is this a bug?

The second problem is, that the memory-use grows with every
intervall.
I can not find out where it happens, because I use the same HyperDoc-
and HText-Object after the first intervall.
Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks

Sven Laaks