problem in compiling sample programs

From: anubhav savant <anubhav@vip.poly.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 14:05:36 -0400
To: <www-lib@w3.org>

I am trying to compile the sample programs available with the library.
However I am getting this link time error.

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to test

Did i missed something while I installed the library. I am using a sun
machine and below is what I gave the options to configure.

./configure --disable-shared --with-expat --with-md5 --with-regex --with-ssl

Plase advice.