RE: SSL related question...

Hi,

In message RE: SSL related question...
      "Guo, Xuan C (Cecilia), NNAD" <xuanguo@att.com> wrote:

 > Thank you for your response and information. I download
 > w3c-libwww-5.3.1.tar.gz from http://www.w3c.org/library/distribution
 > to our HPUX. After unpack it, I ran "./configure" and "make" according to
 > the INSTALL.HTML. The follwing error appeared:
 >
 >         make  all-recursive
 > Making all in config
 > Make: line 133: syntax error.  Stop.
 > *** Error exit code 1
 >
 > Stop.
 > *** Error exit code 1
 >
 > Stop.
 >
 > The line 133 in Makefile is: have_rlogin = rlogin
 > I don't know why. Any idea?

I guess you may have to use GNU make (installed as 'gmake' on some
machines) instead of HPUX's make.

 > By the way, I installed OpenSSL before libwww-5.3.1 on the same machine.
 > Could you tell me where I should use --with-ssl=[PATH]?

You should specify where you installed OpenSSL :-)
If you installed it just by typing "make install",
try "--with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl" or "--with-ssl=/usr/local/openssl".

--
Kinuko YASUDA <kinuko@tom.sfc.keio.ac.jp>
Keio University SFC, JAPAN.