Re: CVS Update / Windows Linking Error

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 09:22:10 +0100 (MET)
To: Jean-Olivier Racine <sirmont@usa.net>
CC: wwwlib <www-lib@w3.org>
Hello,

In our previous episode, Jean-Olivier Racine said:

>     I am just starting to use wwwlib and when I try to compile the
> source I get from my CVS checkout I get the following linking error:

> Linking...
>    Creating library ..\..\..\Bin/wwwcache.lib and object
> ..\..\..\Bin/wwwcache.exp
> HTCache.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> _HTMIME_anchor2response
> ..\..\..\Bin\Debug\wwwcache.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
> externals
> Error executing link.exe.
>
> WinCom.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I added this function last week. I didn't realize it added a dependency
between the cache mini-lib and the MIME mini-lib.

Could you try adding a dependency (using the VC compilers settings menu) from
the CACHE to the MIME minlib? This should help you compile it. I'll try
to change a bit the code to remove the dependency.

-jose