Re: HELP: posting data and get the result into a chunk??

Juergen Bernhardt <Juergen.Bernhardt@fen-net.de> writes:

> Hi all!
>
> I looked at the sample code of the w3c library for the usage of
> posting data.  I found 'post.c'. This sample posts data to a server
> and store the result into a local file.
>
> My question is how can I get the data back into a chunk and not in a
> file?

I have been wondering this too.

I have found what looks like the answer in ostform.c

PRIVATE int terminate_handler (HTRequest * request, HTResponse * response,
			       void * param, int status)
{

        /* resut is a global
           returned by  HTPostFormAnchorToChunk
        */

    if (status == HT_LOADED && result && HTChunk_data(result)) {
	HTPrint("%s", HTChunk_data(result));
	HTChunk_delete(result);
    }

    /* We are done with this request */
    HTRequest_delete(request);

    /* Terminate libwww */
    HTProfile_delete();

    exit(0);
}

I have not had time to try this yet

I wonder about the comment when the terminate_handler is added.  What
does it mean 'update the history list'?

    /* Add our own filter to update the history list */
    HTNet_addAfter(terminate_handler, NULL, NULL, HT_ALL, HT_FILTER_LAST);

> Does anyone have a modified 'post.c' sample which shows this redirection
> into a chunk?
>
> Thanks in advance for any notes!
>
> Cheers,
> Juergen