Delays when posting requests with http/1.1

From: Philip Gladstone <philip@okena.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:52:11 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org
>From looking in the archives, it appears that there is a (default) 2
second delay when POSTing a body to a HTTP server. I can understand that
this is to allow receipt of a response that might be an error from the
server. However, what I don't understand is why the body is not
immediately sent when the HTTP/1.1 100 Continue response is received.
Surely this is the response that says 'go ahead, send your data'.

Unfortunately the code in this area (in HTTP.c) is sufficiently complex
that I feel unworthy to attempt a fix.

I'm not convinced that changing the timeout down to 21ms is the real
answer (with HTTP_setBodyWriteDelay). I'm nervous about the 100 response
arriving late and confusing things.

Philip
--
Check out the pond at http://pond.gladstonefamily.net