Re:Library problems with Solaris 7

From: zist zist <zist@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 20:24:30 GMT
To: www-lib@w3.org
Update on the problem:
I reinstalled www-lib on Solaris 7/Sparc, this time
using --disable-shared.
While I don't have anymore the warnings about the libraries (socket,
c, nsl, dl) when compiling www-lib,
I still have an undefined symbol problem when compiling a program (this
time, I used the example eventloop.c without any modification):
it can't find HTXML_new in /usr/local/lib/libwwwapp.a (HTInit.o).

Is there a way to either solve the problem or bypass it, maybe
by not allowing XML (I don't need it) ?
did anyone encounter a similar problem on Solaris ?