help : html accessed through FTP

From: Francois Nicot <fnicot@silicom.fr>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:26:21 +0200
To: "www-lib@w3.org" <www-lib@w3.org>
Hi all,

I would like to load and parse a html document through FTP method. This
is a real need since Internet may sometimes be strange ;-).

I use non blocking sockets. (libwww examples use blocking sockets : not
adapted to my app)

1_ if I use HTLoadToChunk , I don't get anything in the chunk : data
size = 0.
but document loaded is parsed by the libwww HTML Parser. I get a HT_OK
200 code in the terminate handler.

2_ If I use HTLoadToFile, output Format is WWW_SOURCE (as is) and to my
mind, protocole data are missing so that the document can not be parsed.
Data in file are OK.

I tried to use the HTTee function to split streams as data arrive but I
have to set the outputformat as WWW_SOURCE or (exclusive) let it as
default (WWW_RAW ?) because there is only one processed request object.
Then , I am back to one of the cases above.

Is it possible to "tee" and add an after filter to convert WWW_RAW to
WWW_SOURCE (or the other way) as one of the aims above is completed ?

Is there a simplier way to achieve this ?

Thanks a lot for help.
--
Francois NICOT     fnicot@silicom.fr
SILICOM Region Ouest  02 99 84 17 17