Restrict Download size

From: Amish Mehta <amish@trikon.co.in>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:44:02 +0530
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hi All,

I am attaching a code from my program(using W3C libwww library version 5.2.8) which downloads a particular URL page and stores it in the output file specified.

My problem is I want to restrict this to say just 50K download.
i.e. it should not download or atleast stop downloading after 50KB of download.

Is there a way to do this?
If not, is there any internal limit? If yes, how much?

HTLoadToFile seems to be right function but I can switch to some other function if it offers to restrict size.

Thanks.
Amish.

The code follows:
/* Note: using W3C libwww library version 5.2.8. */

HTRequest *request;
HTProfile_newPreemptiveClient("Myclient", "1.0");
HTPrint_setCallback(NULL);
HTTrace_setCallback(NULL);
HTAlert_setInteractive(NO);
request = HTRequest_new();