Memory (de)allocation issues...

From: Peter Stamfest <peter.stamfest@eunet.at>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:30:49 +0200 (CEST)
To: www-lib@w3.org

Hi,

Really, memory management in libwww is horrible. Due to the extremely
tight forward/backward coupling of objects through pointers it is nearly
impossible to find a combination of *_deleteAll calls that does not
involve access to previously freed memory or the like. Even the sequence
used in HTLibTerminate() is not safe and has exactly that problem.

In my application, HTChannel_deleteAll() somehow does exactly
this: accessing memory previously freed.

Are there any plans to work on this issue? The missing point seems to be
the definition of what object owns what object.

As you may see I'm a bit frustrated with this.....

peter