Re: Question regarding Memory handling

From: Olaf Walkowiak <olaf@sevenval.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:16:17 +0200
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hello Jose,

jose.kahan@w3.org wrote:

> Is your motivation in using a pool is to free any outstanding memory when
> the application or a request dies? I think that is Apache's motivation.

Not exactly. In my application, some information is passed through
several stages. There are callback functions for every stage, and
since one stage has to pass information to the next stages, the
handlers can`t free the pointers immediately.

So I'd like to clean up memory after each requesst, making sure I
don't forget to free something.

Thanks
Olaf
--
Hi, I'm a very dangerous signature virus.
execute "format C:" and copy me into your signature