generating well-formed HTML?

From: Wayne Davison <wayne@clari.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 18:09:18 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-lib@w3.org
From what I've been able to determine so far, it looks like the HTML
parser in libwww doesn't have a means of converting HTML into well-
formed syntax.  Correct?  I have an application that wants to get
all the implied start-tag and end-tag events without having to
implement my own custom understanding of the HTML 4 specs.  I'm
currently planning to use gnome's libxml2 for this function, but I
wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything first (such as
some hidden expat functionality, or something).

..wayne..