Re: Reg. CC/PP compliance of Amaya and LibWWW

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:10:15 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Kinuko Yasuda <kinuko@tom.sfc.keio.ac.jp>
CC: www-lib@w3.org
Hello Kinuko,

In our previous episode, Kinuko Yasuda said:

> I don't know whether there are any other work on CC/PP in libWWW,
> but at least now I'm implementing an experimental CC/PP compliant
> browser using libWWW. (VERY PROTOTYPE) It is just an APPLICATION of
> libWWW for CC/PP, and I think there would be some opinions whether
> CC/PP should be integrated within the libWWW or not.
>
> If you have any interest in our browser, probably I will be able to
> make it open. (but again, it is very experimental especially in CC/PP.
> There are many things not yet defined about CC/PP on HTTP.)

All new experiments are welcome.

Did you have to modify much of libwww or is your development mostly on new
modules?

I can tell you that neither Amaya nor libwww are CC/PP compliant.

If you want, I can add a link to your project from the libwww main page.

Have you visited the W3C Team that is located at Keio? They may be interested
in your project (but I think you must know them :).

-Jose