bug in www program and makefile

From: Fox One <rockman66_1999@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 20:47:11 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-lib@w3.org
There seems to be a bug in libwww's `www' program
that prevents it from sending its output
to the correct file when it is invoked with
the `-o' option. For example, take this command:

www -w90 -na -p -to text/x-c HTAtom.html -o HTAtom.h

This command will only send the characters "/*" to
the file HTAtom.h; the rest of the data will go
to standard output.

This causes problems for `libwww/Library/src/Makefile.am'
because it tries to create the header files with
the commands:

.html.h:
    ifdef WWW
        $(WWW) -w90 -na -p -to text/x-c $(srcdir)/$(*F).html -o
$(srcdir)/$(*F).h
    else
        @echo "**************************************************"
        @echo "Generating the .h files using the "
        @echo "winConfigure.pl script - it may generate a few
warnings."
        @echo "**************************************************"
        perl $(top_srcdir)/config/winConfigure.pl $(srcdir)
    endif

Since I've installed libwww on my system, the `www' program
is available in `/usr/local/bin,' and so libwww's configure
script finds it and sets the WWW variable in this
makefile.

The result is that the makefile wants to create the header
files using the www program, and thus this bug is exposed.

I changed the `-o' to `>' on my system, and (so far)
it seems to work.