multiple ssl requests

From: Peter Dilorenzo <peter@aersoft.ie>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 07:49:48 -0500 (EST)
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hi,

I have a program that can operate in two ways: Firstly it can accept a
new request from a client, Initialise libwww (including the SSL part),
do some of the various libwww set-up function calls and then load the
https URL. After this is done it shuts down both libwww and SSL. This
scenario works.

Secondly, it can accept a new request like above but instead of
terminating, accept a second request, (thus avoiding the reinitialising
of  libwww and SSL), and request another https URL. This second call
does not work. Instead it times out.

This above second scenario does work for HTTP requests but not for HTTPS
requests. Is there something else I must do after each SSL transaction?
Or is it illegal to not completely reinitialise after a single SSL
transaction?

I looked at the 'multichunk' example that comes with libwww and tried
putting the libwww-ssl initialisation and termination calls in this and
found the same problem. It works on the first iteration, but not on
subsequent iterations.

Thanks,

Peter.