HTLocal bug?

From: Sam Couter <sam@topic.com.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:51:26 +1100
To: www-lib@w3.org
I'm going around and around in circles in this code, and I think I'm about
to go nuts...

I'm loading a bunch of files from the local filesystem. However, I keep
getting trace messages about a wild socket, and the library goes into a
fast, infinite select() loop.

I've tried tracking it down, but keep getting lost.

Using HTTP works.

When HostEvent() is called, the value of soc is the socket that select() has
indicated is ready for reading, but HTChannel_socket() returns the value of
the last file that was opened. Hence the wild socket error.

So, how is the channel being set to the last file opened? The socket for
that file hasn't been registered yet, it's still pending on the "localhost"
host.

HTFileOpen() calls this:
HTHost_setChannel(host, HTChannel_new(sockfd, NULL, YES));

Is that supposed to be called? If the "localhost" host object already has a
channel from a previous file open, doesn't it get lost?

I don't understand the HTLocal code well enough to fix this. Any help is
appreciated.
--
Sam Couter                                              sam@topic.com.au
Internet Engineer                               http://www.topic.com.au/