Re: Using libwww as a static library in a shared object?

From: Bernhardt Juergen <Juergen.Bernhardt@erl9.siemens.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:06:10 +0100
To: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
> > I build the libwww 5.2.8 under SunOS 5.6 with GCC 2.95.1 as static
> > and want to use this library in my shared object.
>
> Can you do that?  I thought everything that was to be included into
> an .so had to be compiled with -pic?

I compiled my object with -fPIC option. But it is possible to link other
objects (like libwwww*) static to my .so. These objects don't have to
compiled with the -fPIC option.

If I link libwwwhtml.so dynamic and all other libwww*.a static, my .so
will work fine! This is what I don't understand!

Juergen