From: www-lib-request@w3.org [mailto:www-lib-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of
Taylor Gautier
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 10:47 AM
To: 'www-lib@w3.org'
Subject: timeouts

Hello all.

I am having a problem transferring a very large file.  The time to transfer
this file seems to exceed the timeout set using HTHost_setTimeout.

I wanted to know if anyone has any more experience with timeouts.  My guess
is that the timer should be reset whenever any data is sent, but that it is
not, and thus I get this timeout.

I wanted to ask the list and see if anyone had any better ideas, meanwhile
I'm off to go hunting in the code.

thx,

-taylor