[Fwd: Program hang after getting 401 Unauthorized status]

Here is the terminate handler and the calling function:

int
HRWWWTransferInterfaceImpl::terminateCB(
    HTRequest * request,
    HTResponse * response,
    void * param,
    int status)
{

    HRWWWTransferInterfaceImpl* pThis = (HRWWWTransferInterfaceImpl *)
HTRequest
_context(request);
    // the status/100 == 2 trick was in the libwww sample; I assume it
means
    // that all 200-series error codes are "good", while all others are
"bad"
    pThis->i_errStatus = (status/100 == 2) ? HRERR_OK :
HRERR_HTTP_TRANSFER;
    HTEventList_stopLoop();
    return HT_OK;
}

HRError
HRWWWTransferInterfaceImpl::getFile(
    const RWCString & strURL,
    const RWCString & strOutputFilename,
    HRProgressMonitor *pProgress /* = NULL */)
{
    // Request init
    HTRequest * request = HTRequest_new();
    if (request == NULL)
        return HRERR_WWW_NO_SERVER;

    HTRequest_setOutputFormat(request, DEFAULT_FORMAT);
    HTRequest_setContext (request, (void*)this);

    // If we crap out before calling the terminate callback with a
successful
    // load, we want some sort of general failure
    i_pProgress = pProgress;

    // If we crap out before calling the terminate callback with a
successful
    // load, we want some sort of general failure
    i_pProgress = pProgress;

    HTParentAnchor * anchor = (HTParentAnchor *)
HTAnchor_findAddress(strURL);
    FILE * outputFile = fopen(strOutputFilename, "wb");
    if (outputFile == NULL)
    {
        HTRequest_delete(request);
        HRError errStatus = HRERR_CANT_OPEN_FILE;
        errStatus << strOutputFilename;
        errStatus.logError();
        return errStatus;
    }
    HTRequest_setOutputStream(request, HTFWriter_new(request,
outputFile, YES));
    int status = HTLoadAnchor((HTAnchor *) anchor, request);
    if (status != YES)
    {
        HTRequest_delete(request);
        HRSystem::getSystem().deleteFile(strOutputFilename);
        HRError errStatus = HRERR_WWW_NO_SERVER;
        errStatus.logError();
        return errStatus;
    }

    // Go into the event loop...
    HTEventList_loop(request);

    HTEventList_unregisterAll();
    HTRequest_delete(request);
    fclose(outputFile);

    HRError err = getStatus();
    if (err.bad())
    {
        HRSystem::getSystem().deleteFile(strOutputFilename);
        err = HRERR_HTTP_TRANSFER;
        err << strURL;
        err.logError();
        return err;
    }
    return HRERR_OK;
}

--
Warren Ho                                       Algorithmics Inc.
Software Engineer                               185 Spadina Avenue

Forwarded message 1