Program hang after getting 401 Unauthorized status

From: Warren Ho <warrenh@algorithmics.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 17:49:51 -0400
To: "www-lib@w3.org" <www-lib@w3.org>
Would anyone help me out with this problem?

I tried to download a file from a server which requires access
authentication using http protocol.  My program works fine if I download
it from a server which does not require authentication.  However when I
tried to do it from a server which requires one, the program receive the
following traces and hangs:

Thread Id - 1: libwww trace: "Net After... calling 6c604c (request
c575d0, response c4fb50, status -1, context 0)
"
Thread Id - 1: libwww output: "Fatal Error: 401 Unauthorized
"
Thread Id - 1: libwww trace: "Load End.... Request ended with code -1
"
Thread Id - 1: libwww trace: "Net After... calling 1658c8 (request
c575d0, response c4fb50, status -1, context 0)
"

It seems the program is able to complete the terminate handler, but it
doesn't know how to return to the function that specifies the terminate
callback.  I am trying to return the status back to the GUI, so I don't
want to exit the program in the terminate handler.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Warren

--
Warren Ho                                       Algorithmics Inc.
Software Engineer                               185 Spadina Avenue