Re: Some facts and questions about libwww-ssl

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 12:44:21 +0200 (MET DST)
To: jose.kahan@w3.org
CC: www-lib@w3.org
In our previous episode, jose.kahan@w3.org said:

> The things I don't know:
>
> - were libwww and libwww-ssl always distributed separately?
> - are there some test programs somewhere,  which I have missed?
>
> I think I'll keep both zones separate. Of course, the process can be improved,
> but at least we'll get a first version out.

I finally found out the answer to my own two questions.

The libwww-ssl code was originally found under Library/src/SSL and there
was a test program called wwwssl in that directory.

Yesterday, I merged back the SSL code into libwww and changed the configure
and Makefile as needed and put the example under Library/Examples. It compiles
and works out nicely.

I'm testing some final details. If I don't find anything unusual, I'll
commit the code to CVS and make a distribution tar file, so that people
can help testing it.

I propose to call this distribution 5.2.10b (unless someone has a better
name). I'll continue adding patches next week and will update the changelog.

Any comments? :)

-Jose