Turning off Pipelined Requests

From: Taylor Gautier <tgautier@scale8.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 17:35:58 -0700
To: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
First, please accept my apologies if I somehow missed a discussion which
answers my question.

As a first time user of the www-lib, I think I've made a pretty valiant
effort at keeping my questions at bay from the list.

I have been searching for a way to make simultaneous requests to the same
server.  I looked through the past archives regarding this subject, and I
found a few relevant topics/answers.  Most of them had to do with Henrik
flaming people for asking to do this, so first, Henrik, if you're still
reading this list, please don't flame me until I present my case.

Second was that somebody mentioned that it would require some code changes
to several of the source files, I don't remember which ones but it may have
been HTHost, HTNet, and or HTEvent, or something along those lines.

As it turns out I *HAVE* been able to implement this feature, but in all
senses of the word it is truly a hack.  What I did was to add a statement
that nulls out the "pres" variable in the HTHost_new function, which
essentially eliminates the results of a search for an already existing host.

I can now make simulataneous requests to a single server.  But I'd like to
know if there is a better way to handle this, surely as an HTTP/1.0
implementation, the library should be capable of doing this, no?  (As an
aside, another email had mentioned that HTHost_