wsastartup in hteventinit ??

From: Gregory Nicholls <gnicholls@level8.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 08:49:50 -0400
To: www-lib@w3.org
 Hi again,
    I found the problem that I had with the hostname error. It seems
that I hadn't done an HTEventInit().
The _reason_ I hadn't done one is that I wasn't using an event loop so I
didn't think I needed it. While trawling through the code I found that
the WSAStartup for the Winsock system is embedded in this function.
 My question is: Admitting that I'm still fundamentally clueless on
libwww stuff, would the socket startup and termination not be better off
somewhere else ?? like the HTLibInit and HTLibTerminate ??

        G.