Re: bug or misunderstanding ?

Gregory Nicholls <gnicholls@level8.com> wrote:
>  Hiya,
>    I used HTLoadAnchor against a server that was down. I _thought_ I'd
> get a 'NO' response however it returned a 'YES'.
> Looking deeper, it seems that HTTPEvent calls HTHost_connect. This
> returned HT_NO_HOST (so far so good). It seems that HTTPEvent then sets
> this error code in the http->result field and drops down through to the
> HTTP_ERROR case. This does a cleanup and then (here's where I'm puzzled)
> returns HT_OK.
>     Is this behaviour correct ?? If it is, I'd be grateful if someone
> could shed some light on the logic here and tell me how I can find out
> about these errors up in HTLoadAnchor land.
>         Thanks,
>             Greg.

Your terminateRequest handler (assuming you followed the example code) will
recieve the status of the request as one of its arguments.
Register a terminateRequest handler with HTNet_addAfter().
--
Sam Couter          |   Internet Engineer   |   http://www.topic.com.au/
sam@topic.com.au    |   tSA Consulting      |