bug or misunderstanding ?

From: Gregory Nicholls <gnicholls@level8.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 15:57:12 -0400
To: www-lib@w3.org
 Hiya,
   I used HTLoadAnchor against a server that was down. I _thought_ I'd
get a 'NO' response however it returned a 'YES'.
Looking deeper, it seems that HTTPEvent calls HTHost_connect. This
returned HT_NO_HOST (so far so good). It seems that HTTPEvent then sets
this error code in the http->result field and drops down through to the
HTTP_ERROR case. This does a cleanup and then (here's where I'm puzzled)
returns HT_OK.
    Is this behaviour correct ?? If it is, I'd be grateful if someone
could shed some light on the logic here and tell me how I can find out
about these errors up in HTLoadAnchor land.
        Thanks,
            Greg.