huge pages

From: Ashraf Mohamed <ashraf.mohamed@spanlink.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 10:10:36 -0500
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
hi

I am trying to access a page that has thousands of lines of text/html and it
is taking a very long time to retrieve the data to the extent that it hogs
up my box.

I need to interrupt/stop the retrieval after a certain amount of time. Could
anyone suggest a simple way of doing this? Are there any libwww functions
that could take care of this?

I was thinking of setting up an alarm before I make my Get/Post request.

btw I am on Unixware-7.

Thanx
Ash