Posting binary data and handling the response

From: Yovav Meydad <yovavm@contact.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 17:21:19 +0200
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
Hi,

I would like perform a POST call, which sends some binary data (Actually the
data is a combination of XML text & Blobs, there for I have to handle it as
Binary) to my server;
The server response will contain data of the same type (binary), which I
would like to handle.

I want to use the HTPostAnchor for it; What I can not figure out is how do I
handle the response:

1. I know how to get several properties of the HTResponse (length, format
etc.); But how do I get the data out of it ?
2. Suppose I get the data from HTResponse somehow :
- What type is it - char* or void* ?
- In case I specify the anchor format as Binary (WWW_BINARY), and since I
know the buffer layout as sent from the server, Is it true to assume libwww
keeps on this layout so I can extract the text parts from the data (first N
bytes etc.) or does layout changes (headers are added etc.) ?

any help will be appreciated,

Yovav