RE: Problem Running Examples on Win95

From: Macomber, Jeff <jmacomber@ncslink.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:16:32 -0700
To: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
I managed to get the examples working.  The problem is that one of the
libraries (I'm not sure which one) must be compiled with the /MDd switch
(multithreaded debug).  I was using MSVC++ 4.0 which was the last version
that supported win3.1 without playing games (or so the documentation leads
me to believe).  When I installed the upgrade to 4.2 it works fine.  I
believe that the MSVCRTD.dll is not installed with version 4.0.  Just
thought I would let you know in case anyone felt it should be added to the
web site.

Thanks for everyone's input,
Jeff