http upload question

From: joelg <joelg@ihs.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 15:31:49 -0600 (MDT)
To: www-lib@w3.org
I am trying create a C/C++ library to upload files (pdf, tif, jpeg, etc) to
my server using libwww.  I used memput just to see if I could get it to upload
anything,  but am having problems.  In order to get things to work, I had to
hack the code and add

HTFormat.h:#define WWW_UPLOAD   HTAtom_for("application/HTTPUpload")

My server (Apache) and the cgi I have for uploading files said I was sending
text/plaintext or something like that, and that I had to send type
application/HTTPUpload.

I also have to hard code my server side because I can not figure out how to send
tags/variables with the data I am uploading.  My server expects a Filename to be
set but memput doesn't send any other data besides the data I provide.   I did
see that it sends the length of the data using HTAnchor_setLength, but there is
nothing I can find to send other metadata?

Please help ASAP:  I am trying to use this to transfer files via http instead of
RPC, since I think HTTP is better suited to multiple users, large data, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joel

Joel Gorder
Information Handling Services