Re: DLL export/import of defs for the Win32 platform

From: <jose.kahan@imag.fr>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 13:50:50 -0400 (EDT)
To: sb@metis.no (Steinar Bang)
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
In our previous episode, Steinar Bang said:

> What about DLL export and imports for the Win32 platform?
>
> How are these handled?

I'm not using them :) But you can find some useful scripts to generate
them under libwww/config:

	makexprt.pl
	makedefs.pl
	makeindx.pl

> I assume that the
>         libwww/Library/src/windows/*.def
> files are related to this?  But how do I create a *.def file for my
> DLL which contains everything?  And how are the
> "__declspec(dllexport)" directives inserted into the .h files?

Ah, sorry. You just went beyond my Windows lore. I don't know how to do
that as we haven't yet tried to do it. Maybe looking at the WinCommander
can be more helpful?

-Jose