how to flush delayed calls to event_unregister()?

From: Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no>
Date: 18 Aug 1999 10:12:07 +0200
To: www-lib@w3.org
Platform: SuSE linux 5.3, egcs 1.1.2-pre2, qt-2.x (CVS checkout),
          libwww from CVS, gdb 4.17

I am using the Qt QSocketNotifier class
        http://www.troll.no/qt/qsocketnotifier.html
for handling socket events and passing them on to libwww.

My problem right now, is that the event_unregister function isn't
called for the HTEvent_READ and HTEvent_WRITE events until a bit of
time has passed, and that gives me error messages like:

 QSocketNotifier: Multiple socket notifiers for same socket 8 and type read

If I put a breakpoint in the event_unregister function I find that it
is indeed called for these socket events, but not until a bit of time
has passed.

I tried doing HTRequest_flush() and HTRequest_forceFlush() on the
request, but neither of these seemed to change the behaviour.