SSL outside US & CANADA without coding !!!

From: matias <matias@movilogic.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:36:13 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hi everybody.

a weeks ago, we faced with the needs to use SSL and wwwlib. But we swa that SSL
it is not ready outside US & Canada.
So......we thought a trick & it works !!

I know...it is not the clean way to solve this (I'm waiting this from w3 team).
This is the idea.

We put a Apache server as a proxy, and use the Proxyremote directive.
This way, we put ProxyRemote http://xxx.com https://xxx.com

The idea is that my server, ask to apache with http, apache goes to that site ,
using https protocol and return the document with http protocol.....so the w3
library could see SSL documents.

Of course, i had to set the http_proxy enviroment variable.

If anyone is interesting i can send the details of how to do this or i can send
the details to the list.

happy regards !!

Mat