Re: Doing multiple requests with libwww.

At 09:22 15/07/1999 +0200, Gertjan van Wingerde wrote:
>Hi,
>
>With the attached program I am trying to download two web pages using a GET
>method.
>As can be seen from the program, after the HTTP response is received I am
>fetching
>the error code, response HTTP headers, and the web page itself from the
>Anchor
>object associated with the request.
>
>However, when I execute the program the first URL is received ok, but during
>the
>fetching of the second URL no error code can be deduced, and no HTTP headers
>are
>found. The web page itself includes the HTTP status line, and the HTTP
>header lines.

Maybe the reason is that you delete all the global converters in between
the two requests. Around line 255, you have something like this:

    /*
    ** Deallocate allocated resources.
    */

HTRequest_delete(pr_request);
    HTFormat_deleteAll();			<--- delete this
line
    HT_FREE(pc_cwd);
    HT_FREE(pc_absolute_url);

    HTMIMEInit();
		<--- delete this line

Btw, when using blocking sockets (which only works for requests without an
entity body (like GET, HEAD, and OPTIONS) you shouldn't have to initialize
the event loop. Event loops are only for when you are using non-blocking
sockets. You can check that it is never called in your application.

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
World Wide Web Consortium