Re: Help with HTLoadAbsolute...

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:55:30 -0400
To: Marco Ariano <marco.ariano@pipercreek.com>
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
At 14:28 12/07/1999 -0600, Marco Ariano wrote:
>I don't dispute your claim about states and SSL but...
>
>I thought I'd tried things with and without the call to
>HTEventList_loop() with no difference.
>Since I had WWW_WIN_ASYNC defined, I get some kind of event loop as a
>side effect of calling
>    HTProfile_newPreemptiveClient( "Secure_Client", "1.0" );
>anyway don't I?

No, the preemptive version uses blocking sockets where you don't need an
eventloop. The equivalent profile for non-blocking sockets is called

	HTProfile_newClient( "Secure_Client", "1.0" );

I still think this may be the reason why you are only getting the first
chunk of the data (if I understood you correctly).

Henrik

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk