Re: Help with HTLoadAbsolute...

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
> I think the problem may be that you are using preemptive sockets - as
> far as I recall, SSL can go back and forth in some states and may
> require that you use an eventloop as shown in the secureget sample app.

I don't dispute your claim about states and SSL but...

I thought I'd tried things with and without the call to
HTEventList_loop() with no difference.
Since I had WWW_WIN_ASYNC defined, I get some kind of event loop as a
side effect of calling
    HTProfile_newPreemptiveClient( "Secure_Client", "1.0" );
anyway don't I?

Here's why I think there's something not quite right.  The work-around
I've decided to use for now is to call a modified version of
HTLoadToFile() (since that worked).  I've ripped out the file
confirmation stuff and just write to "get.out" every time.  I replaced
the call to HTLoadAbsolute with HTGetFormAbsolute since that's what I
really want to do, but only after I convinced myself that HTLoadAbsolute
was working.  The only real difference that I see between doing this and
calling HTGetFormAbsolute in the first place is the change to the stream
stack.  Without the change, things don't work.

I tried digging a bit deeper for a while but time constraints forced me
to use the work-around.

thanks,
Marco