Why unset TMPDIR

From: Michael Saunders <michael@amtec.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:19:01 -0700
To: www-lib@w3.org
Why does the HTLib.c module unset the "TMPDIR" environment variable? Some
applications using LibWWW may rely on this environment variable. The comments in
the code say the if we have the "tmpnam()" function we can unset "TMPDIR"
environment variable. Why this side effect? Is this to get consistent behavior
across multiple platforms?

Thanks,
Michael
Amtec announces the release of Mesh Generator,
a new add-on for creating two-dimensional grids
in Tecplot. Check out this exciting new product at
http://www.amtec.com/meshgenerator
Michael Saunders
Senior Programmer
Amtec Engineering, Inc.