Re: Proxy authentication in libwww

From: Raffaele Sena <raff@nuvomedia.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 10:42:43 -0700
To: "Lopez, Francisco Javier" <fjlopez@bba.buenayre.com.ar>, <www-lib@w3.org>

> Hi
> I'm using libwww for an application and can't get it work with a
> proxy (works fine with a direct connection)
>
> The problem is that the proxy needs a basic authentication scheme
> (user/password) and libwww isn't asking it to the user. Then the
> HTEventList_loop returrns.

    Make sure you are working in "interactive" mode and you have
    the appropriate callbacks set.

    If you create a standard HTML client (with HTProfile_newHTMLClient or one
of those)
    it should be correctly set.

    Put a breakpoint in HTAlert_setInteractive() and make sure it's called
somewhere with YES/TRUE.
    Also put a breakpoint in HTAlert_add() to see which callbacks are
installed (look for the
    opcode = HT_A_USER_PW).

    If you are writing a graphical application, you will need to install your
own callbacks
    to display the authentication request and returning the appropriate
values.

hope this help,

    Raffaele