Proxy authentication in libwww

From: Lopez, Francisco Javier <fjlopez@bba.buenayre.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 14:20:13 -0300
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hi
	I'm using libwww for an application and can't get it work with a
proxy (works fine with a direct connection)

The problem is that the proxy needs a basic authentication scheme
(user/password) and libwww isn't asking it to the user. Then the
HTEventList_loop returrns.

I've configured the environment variable and while debugging the code I
see that libwww recognize that a proxy should be used, but never ask the
user for the user/password.

Do you have any idea of where should I look to get more information
about what is going on ?

Thanks in advance
Francisco Javier Lopez